Some emotional symptoms of both stress and anxiety are:
• Feelings of impending doom
• Panic or nervousness, especially in social settings
• Difficulty concentrating
• Irrational anger
While these symptoms may be normal to experience once in a while. However, when faced regularly and also at extreme levels should be looked into. Understanding the different reasons for anxiety and stress is complicated. However, it is still important to be aware of the different reasons.
Possible causes of anxiety and stress are:
1. Environmental stressors such as difficulties at work, relationship problems, etc
2. Medical factors, such as the symptoms from a prolonged disease, effects of medication. The stress of an intense surgery or prolonged surgery.
3. Brain chemistry, psychologists have defined that many anxiety disorders occur due to misalignment of hormones and electrical signals in the brain.
4. Withdrawal from an illicit substance, can lead to other effects being intensified.
5. Adjustment to new life situations such as moving to another school, death of a family member or even getting married can be because of stress.